BEAT INSOMNIA THE RELAXING WAY WITHOUT DRUGS
Beat Insomnia the Relaxing Way Workshop, Vancouver
- Do you lead a high powered and busy life during the day?
- Do you feel all wound up when you go to bed and cannot fall asleep?
- Do you have trouble falling back asleep in the middle of the night?
- Have you had insomnia that you cannot treat without the use of sleeping pills?
Insomnia is a big topic these days. People are having trouble sleeping and are looking for solutions.
Insomnia is a 24 hour a day problem. People with insomnia experience cycles of daytime mood swings, decreased levels of daytime alertness and productivity. These result in accompanying stress and more insomnia.
In our action packed world many of us are overworked, constantly multitasking and always feeling stressed. Day time stress can carry over into our ability to fall asleep at night. The key is to mitigate the effects of daytime stress so that sleep can come easily and be restful.
Improve Your Sleep
Join us for a fun filled and very informative workshop on how to have more restful sleep. We will learn how gentle and easy breathing together with small movements can promote a calm mind and relaxed body, both essential for restful sleep.
By attending this workshop you will learn how to help you think about insomnia differently as well as useful non medicinal strategies to help you fall asleep more easily.
In this workshop we will:
- Learn small, simple, practical, gentle and very effective movements and breathing techniques to help relax your body and calm your mind during the day and at night.
- Learn and practice specific breathing sequences and movements to help you fall asleep or return to sleep when you wake in the middle of the night.
- Discuss helpful strategies to help us sleep including “sleep hygiene” factors
- Sleep! In this workshop it is okay to fall asleep. Bring your favourite pillow!
Feldenkrais Centre Vancouver Beat Insomnia: Saturday January 6 2018, 12-3 pm $70 +GST
For more information please email or call (604 729 0060)